Saturday, July 28, 2007

~::~ Sliding Trombones ~::~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~­*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*
Oil on canvas Silence 1915 By Georges Ribemont-Dessaignes
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~­*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*
Sliding Trombones
By Georges Ribemont Dessaignes
Poet/Painter/Surrealist 1884-1974
*****************************

I have a little windmill on my head
Which draws up water to my mouth and eyes
When I am hungry or moved to tears
I have a little horn full of the odour of absinth in my ears
And on my nose a green parakeet that flaps its wings
And cries 'Aux Armes'
When from the sky fall the seeds of the sun
The absence from the heart of steel
At the bottom of the boneless and stagnant realities
Is partial to crazy sea-fishI am the captain and the alsatian at the cinema
I have in my belly a little agricultural machine
That reaps and binds electric flex
The cocoanuts thrown by the melancholy monkey
Fall like spittle into the water
Where they blossom again as petunias
I have in my stomach an ocarina and I have virginal faith
I feed my poet on the feet of a pianist
Whose teeth are even and uneven
And sad Sunday evenings
I throw my morganatic dreams
To the loving turtle-doves who laugh like hell.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~­*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*