Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11 ۩ Memory ۩ 2001

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~­*
Memory

I looked up and saw the fire
Blazing against the clear blue sky
Fire lasso skyscraper hell
Oh god…the firemen!
How will they make it up all those stairs?
I knew those buildings were too fucking tall
Double ugly
People jumped choosing how to die
Pushed tears outside of my body
…tears still fall inside
I looked away for one second
Praying for the firemen
And the dead
And the trapped
A collective gasp sounded clear as a bell
And against the clear blue sky I saw motionless
…thick
……grey
Standing tall
………cloud of smoke
Standing next to
One burning tower
The first tower had collapsed
More people were jumping while we watched crying
I knew the second tower would not fall on me
Because the first one did not
But I was that close

© 9/11/2007
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~­*